Firefighter - Paramedic, Kitimat, BC
2, FULL TIME FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC
District of Kitimat Fire and Ambulance Services
The District of Kitimat’s Fire and Ambulance Service is a progressive, integrated organization that strives for excellence in providing a range of services designed to save lives and protect property against the impact of fire, medical emergencies, accidents and disasters that are both natural and human caused. The Kitimat Fire and Ambulance Service is an organization that encourages diversity and promotes professionalism in the workplace. As a Firefighter/Paramedic, your primary functions are fire/rescue, pre-hospital emergency medical care, inspection/fire prevention and daily maintenance of the fire hall and equipment.
Applicants must possess the following minimum requirements:
• Secondary School Graduation
• Primary Care Paramedic standard or higher.
• NFPA 1001 Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualification Level I & II
• BC Class 3 & 4 Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement Preference will be given to those candidates with the following:
• Work experience related to firefighting and/or pre-hospital care • Post-secondary education
• IV endorsement The selection process will include the following:
• Medical Fitness (medical exam, fitness and agility test)
• Aptitude Test
• Security Clearance and Criminal Record Check
Please submit a covering letter, resume and required documentation no later than June 7, 2019,
to Human Resources Manager,
District of Kitimat, 270 City Centre,
Kitimat BC, V8C 2H7,
fax 250-632-4995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information call 250-632-8943.
Successful applicants will be invited to a Recruitment Weekend from July 5 – 9, 2019.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Check out the District of Kitimat’s YouTube Channel for a look into ‘Living in Kitimat’ – our Marvel of Nature and Industry! Community and Regional information can be found at the following websites: www.kitimat.ca, www.hellobc.com/kitimat.aspx, www.tourismkitimat.ca