Firefighter – Regular, Full Time – Recruitment CLOSED and in Progress
Firefighter Regular Full Time
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Fire Rescue Department, seeks a full time Firefighter with an outstanding work ethic and a safety first attitude to join their team. The members of White Rock Fire Rescue are proud to serve our community and recognize their responsibility to help to ensure the safety of our residents. Through a variety of programs including Fire Prevention, Public Education and Emergency Response we strive to be proactive in how we meet our goals to protect life, property, and the environment, from fire and natural or man-made emergencies. While fire response is a primary function, types of emergencies can cover a wide range and medical aid continues to be an important function.
Requirements (Additional details available in the Recruitment Manual )
- Canadian Citizen; or Landed Immigrant with legal entitlement to work in Canada;
- Successful completion of an approved Firefighter Training programs – NFPA 1000 and 472
- A valid BC Emergency Medical Assistants Licensing Board License;
- High School Graduation or equivalent;
- A valid B.C. Driver’s License, Class 3 with Air Endorsement;
- Driver’s abstract must be within the last 30 days.
- Residency requirement – the successful candidate must reside within 16 kilometers of the City boundaries by the way the crow flies, no later than 3 months after their start date;
- Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Ability to successfully complete a Medical Exam and a First Responder Suitability Assessment:
- Vision and hearing must meet the criteria in NFPA 1582 Chapter 6.
- 20/30 corrected binocular vision and 20/100 uncorrected binocular vision or better Colour and peripheral vision safe for the position of Firefighter;
- Normal unaided hearing.
- First Responder Suitability interview
The monthly wage for the first 6 months – IAFF position is $5,768 (2019 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and all required documents for consideration by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 4:30 pm, Friday, September 4, 2020